Why Obedience Training?
- It can save your dog’s life.
Consistent communication between you and your dog can be lifesaving! A dog that comes when called is a safe dog
- Dogs with good manners are welcome guests.
Well-trained dogs are more likely to accompany your family on trips or almost anywhere
Through obedience training you will:
- Strengthen your relationship with your dog
- Teach your dog basic commands (such as sit, stay, and come), loose leash walking, and more
- Learn how to communicate with your dog so your dog can do anything
- Build confidence in shy dogs
- Teach your dog basic manners: no mouthing, jumping, or counter surfing
- Correct or avoid many common behavior issues in dogs through basic obedience
We offer group classes for basic, intermediate, and advanced training levels. All classes are a 6-week course. We limit the class size to ensure all dogs receive the attention they deserve.
- Dogs participating will need to show proof of current vaccinations for rabies, distemper, parvo virus, and kennel cough
- Aggressive dogs are not eligible for participation in group classes
- Private training is available
- Ill or in-season dogs are not permitted
- Puppies should be 4 months or older for group classes
Fees and Policies:
Training classes are $125 for 6 weeks. Payment and registration must be completed prior to the start date of the class. Cancellations made 10 days before classes start will be eligible for refund; later cancellations will be credited towards another session. Classes will be held outdoors, weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, we may move classes indoors, please call us to be sure classes will be held.
Our trainer, Leila Schneider, is certified with over 30 years of experience. Her loving and personalized attention is key to her success. Leila offers group lessons as well as private lessons for those dogs that require one on one attention or need behavioral issues addressed.
We are now excited to offer Inboard Training. Leila will train your dog daily while you vacation. Inboard training is priced individually depending upon the amount of time your dog will stay with us. Come back home to a well-trained pup!
Our next Puppy/Beginner obedience training course will begin Tuesday, January 19, 2020 from 6:30pm – 7:30pm. This is a 6 week course. We will only be able to take 4 dogs with only 1 person, per dog, allowed to attend each session due to it being held indoors in order to follow the Covid protocol for safety. If we have enough sign up to fill the Tuesday night class, we will also be holding class on Thursdays. Cost is $150.00. All ages are welcome, puppy to adult. Please contact us at 410-239-2100 to reserve your spot and get more information!