- What is the standard of care offered at Lucky Stars?
It is always the goal of the Lucky Stars staff to provide your pet with the best possible away-from-home experience. We take the time to get to know all the pets in our care. Your pet is part of your family, we promise to treat it as part of ours.
- Can I inspect your facility?
Absolutely! For the comfort of our guests, we invite kennel tours between the hours of 2pm and 4pm, or by appointment. This helps ensure that our guests’ schedules are not disrupted, and allows our staff to dedicated the required time for uninterrupted tours to visitors.
- Will my pet be taken out of his/her run while boarding?
The kennel offers adventure walks and playtime in our meadows, as well as doggie daycare and training, for entertainment during guests’ stays. All activities are strictly monitored by our trained staff. Additional options include cuddle time with our staff, peanut butter Kongs, and Frosty Paws.
- Can my pets board together?
We will allow pets from the same home to board in our larger runs, as long as they are amicable to residing together.
- Can my pet catch a disease by being boarded with other pets?
It is possible that your pet will be exposed to disease when boarded with other pets. Fortunately, with adequate vaccinations and high standards of sanitation, that risk is lowered substantially.
As noted above, we strongly encourage touring the kennel before selecting a place to leave your pet. Here’s what we think is important:
- The kennel should smell clean and fresh.
- Staff members should be available and capable of answering questions.
- Vaccinations should be required of all pets in the building.
- Pets in the kennel during your visit should all appear happy and healthy.